Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts follows the calendar of the local school district.
Non-teaching days include the Christmas holiday, March break, and all statutory holidays, but not pro-d days. A statutory holiday may be used by a teacher for a make-up lesson. This is at the discretion of the teacher.
To register for private lessons:
- Read the faculty bios on our website to help you choose a teacher.
- Call the Academy office at 250-493-7977 for the contact information of the teacher you would like to study with.
- Phone the teacher to set up a lesson time.
- Once you have your lesson time arranged, register in person at the Academy office, room 1 of the Leir House.
- Come prepared by bringing 10 post-dated cheques (dated the first of the month, September to June, and made out to Penticton Academy of Music Society) to the office to registration.
To register for group classes:
- Read about the group classes on our website.
- Once you have selected the group class you wish to participate in, register in person at the Academy office, room 1 on the Leir House.
- You can download the registration form from the GROUP CLASSES page of the website under the class you wish to register for.
- Registration must be completed in person at the Academy office.
There is a $10 annual membership fee per family.
There is an annual registration fee of $30 per instrument for individual lessons and $20 per Group Class to a maximum of $80 per family. These fees are non-refundable.
Half hour, forty five minute and hourly lessons are available. Tuition fees are calculated monthly, based on the number of lessons received per month. Payment covering the entire year must be received at registration. Lessons will not begin until payment is received.
Lesson fees are payable by monthly post-dated cheques. Arrangements can be made with the office to make payments by cash. We are unable to accept debit or credit card payments. Full year’s tuition or two term payments are encouraged.
Withdrawal from lessons requires four weeks notice. Four weeks’ fees will be charged, whether or not the student attends classes. Refunds will be issued only on the balance (less the four weeks) of tuition fees paid. Withdrawals will not be accepted after April 1st.
Regular, punctual attendance at lessons is essential
Lessons cancelled by student: there is no refund and make-up lessons are at the discretion of the teacher.
Lessons cancelled by teacher: must be made up or student will receive a refund in June.
Registration and membership fees apply in group classes. Full year’s tuition or three monthly payments dated the first of September, October and November is required for all group classes. There are no refunds on group lesson fees.
Regular attendance is expected. Group learning and music-making depends on commitment from each individual.
The Academy reserves the right to cancel classes if minimum enrollment is not met in which case a full refund will be issued.
An objective of the Penticton Academy of Music is to provide quality music education to students of all circumstances through a bursary program. Academy students of any ability and instrument can apply for bursaries. Applications are reviewed according to financial need and dedication to studies.
We are grateful to the Community Foundation of the South Okanagan for their $4000.00 grant received in May 2010 for our bursary fund. The bursary fund is supported by community donations from individuals and organizations as well as by proceeds from Academy recitals.
Bursaries are applied for and awarded in September. Students who experience a change in circumstances during the Academic year can apply for bursaries through our Special Bursary Fund at any time.
Bursaries are also available for our summer programs.
For more information on the bursary program, contact the Academy Office at (250) 493-7977.