Penticton Academy of Music Society
(doing business as Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts)
2020 BOARD OF DIRECTORS NOMINATIONS OPEN
The Penticton Academy of Music Society (PAMS) is a non-profit organization run by a volunteer Board of Directors. These volunteers are from diverse professional backgrounds, who are elected for two-year terms to manage the affairs of PAMDA in accordance with the Society’s By-laws.
Applicants for the Board of Directors of the Penticton Academy of Music Society must be a member in good standing prior to the nominations closing date of Thursday, October 15, 2020.
There are 6 Board of Director seats available.
The Role of PAMS Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is elected by its members to lead the Academy, oversee its affairs, and ensure the Academy can effectively carry out its mission.
Expectations for Board Members
It is critical that potential Board members understand the expectations required for them to serve successfully in this role.
Please read and consider the following List of Expectations:
- Be at least 19 years of age
- Adhere to all policies of PAMDA
- Declare any conflicts of interest
- Be able to commit to being a member of the Board for two years
- Attend 10 Board meetings per year (we meet once a month on the 2nd Tuesday at 7:15pm. We do not meet in July and August.)
- Make best efforts to attend PAMDA events
- Assist with efforts to help PAMDA fundraise for its bursary program
- Join at least one Committee (current committees include Bursary, Fundraising, Finance, Anti-Racism, and Facilities)
How the Board of Directors are Elected
The Board of Directors are elected at the Annual General Meeting. This year’s AGM will be held online via Zoom on October 22, 2020 from 7:30 to 8:30 PM. (Please email email@example.com for the AGM Zoom link.)
Nominations to the Board of Directors are accepted from members of the Academy and all duly nominated individuals are put forth for consideration for election at the AGM, unless the nominee is deemed ineligible.
Nominations from the floor are also accepted. These nominees must be present to accept the nomination and verbally introduce themselves at the AGM during a 2-minute presentation. For advance nominees who are unable to present, the biography will be read.