An objective of the Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts is to provide quality music and dramatic arts education to students of all circumstances through a bursary program. Academy students of any ability and instrument can apply for bursaries. Applications are reviewed according to financial need and dedication to studies.
- Bursaries can be used for private and group lessons.
- Only one bursary is awarded per family per academic year.
Bursaries are applied for and awarded in September. Students who experience a change in circumstances during the Academic year can apply for bursaries through our Special Bursary Fund at any time.
Bursary applications for the 2018/2019 academy year will open in August/September 2018.
SUPPORT OUR BURSURY FUND
The bursary fund is supported by community donations from individuals and organizations as well as by proceeds from Academy recitals.
Help support students in need financial assistance through donating to our bursary fund.
Donations can be made by ETRANSFER to email@example.com.
CASH or CHEQUES made payable to “Penticton Academy of Music” can be dropped off at our office during our office hours.
NORM LOONEY SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION
The Penticton Academy of Music and Dramatic Arts offers an annual Norm Looney Scholarship Competition that aims to recognize the accomplishments of our talented students and offers them recognition for their hard work.
To participate in this competition:
- Students must be under the age of 18 and studying at a Grade 5 level or above.
- Students must complete and submit an application by the deadline of Thursday, May 10, 2018 AT 5:00PM to the office.
- Applicants must perform one piece at the year-end June Gala on Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 2:00 pm.
THE 2018 NORM LOONEY SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION APPLICATION FORM: DOWNLOAD HERE.
“Norm Looney joined the board of directors of the Penticton Academy of Music Society in 2014, and one of his last wishes was to show gratitude for the role that music had in shaping his life.” – Penticton Herald