The Penticton Academy of Music follows the calendar of the local school district.
Non-teaching days include the Christmas holiday, March break, and all statutory holidays, but not pro-d days. A statutory holiday may be used by a teacher for a make-up lesson. This is at the discretion of the teacher.
To register for private lessons:
- Read the faculty bios on our website to help you choose a teacher.
- Call the Academy office at 250-493-7977 for the contact information of the teacher you would like to study with. Trail lessons are available.
- Phone the teacher to set up a lesson time.
- REGISTER ONLINE or in person at the Academy office, room 1 of the Leir House.
- Payments can be made via etranfer, cash or post-dated cheques.
To register for group classes:
- Read about the group classes on our website.
- Once you have selected the group class you wish to participate in, register in person at the Academy office, room 1 on the Leir House.
- You can download the registration form from the GROUP CLASSES page of the website under the class you wish to register for.
- Registration must be completed in person at the Academy office.
There is a $10 annual membership fee per family.
There is an annual registration fee of $30 per instrument for individual lessons and $20 per Group Class to a maximum of $80 per family. These fees are non-refundable.
Lesson fees are $30 per half hour. Forty five minute and hourly lessons are also available. Tuition fees are calculated monthly, based on the number of lessons received per month. Payment covering the entire year must be received at registration. Lessons will not begin until payment is received.
Lesson fees are payable by monthly post-dated cheques. Arrangements can be made with the office to make payments by cash. Effective September 2013 we will no longer be able to accept debit or credit card payments. Full year’s tuition or two term payments are encouraged.
Withdrawal from lessons requires four weeks notice. Four weeks’ fees will be charged, whether or not the student attends classes. Refunds will be issued only on the balance (less the four weeks) of tuition fees paid. Withdrawals will not be accepted after April 1st.
Regular, punctual attendance at lessons is essential
Lessons cancelled by student: there is no refund and make-up lessons are at the discretion of the teacher.
Lessons cancelled by teacher: must be made up or student will receive a refund in June.
Registration and membership fees apply in group classes. Full year’s tuition or two term payments is required for all group classes. There are no refunds on group lesson fees.
Regular attendance is expected. Group learning and music-making depends on commitment from each individual.
The Academy reserves the right to cancel classes if minimum enrollment is not met in which case a full refund will be issued.